Step 1: Map your course outcomes
Step 2: Establish your search criteria
- Try to be as specific as possible. Are you looking for a full course, a textbook, etc.?
- There are many OER repositories you can search through, and we recommend starting at OER Commons.
- Below you will find some other common repositories to use.
Step 3: Evaluate your results
- Look at quality, format, accessibility, usage. Are revisions needed?
Step 4: Deploy OER in your course
- Work with your Ed Tech Department to make sure everything is embedded properly into Blackboard. If you are using an OER textbook, talk to your bookstore so they can order a few print copies for students who prefer a print option.